Developer, Application and Open Licenses
Available for all PDF Converter, PDF Creator, and PDF Suite products.
The following information also applies to the open license which includes the full source-code. Note that the developer license does not include the source code.
- A Developer License: required to integrate an Amyuni product into an application.
- An Application License: required to deploy an application that includes the integration of an Amyuni product.
- One developer license is required per software developer.
- One application license is required per application deployment.
- Developers’ applications can be for in-house use or external distribution.
- Web servers or PDF servers require one server license per server.
- The application license enables developers to distribute a “special version” of the product with their application without paying royalties.
- A special version is a subset of the driver that has all the functionalities of the full driver excluding any user interface. This special version will only work with a developer’s application.
- Developers can identify the PDF printer as they wish (e.g. MyPDFGenerator) and make the printer visible only while their application is active.
- The developer’s application must not, as its primary purpose function as a document to PDF convertor or as a PDF file processor, i.e., the conversion or processing functionalities are options within the application.
The following application types do not qualify for developer/open licensing and are subject to special licensing:
- Document management applications where the end-user needs to convert any type of document into PDF for emailing or archiving.
- Remote printing applications where the end-user needs to convert any type of document into PDF for printing.
- Add-ons to other applications not owned by the developer. For example, PDF add-on to MS Word or PDF plug-in for MS Access.
Custom application development In some cases, the developer creates a custom-based application for his/her customer.
- One developer license is required per developer.
- One application license owned by the end-customer is required per application.
- The same application license can not be used to develop multiple custom applications for multiple end-customers.
Full license agreement
AMYUNI CONSULTANTS – AMYUNI TECHNOLOGIES
DEVELOPER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR AMYUNI PDF CONVERTER,
AMYUNI DOCUMENT CONVERTER, AMYUNI PDF CREATOR AND AMYUNI
PDF SUITE PRODUCTS
This AMYUNI ("Amyuni") Developer License Agreement
accompanies all Amyuni products and related explanatory
materials ("Software"). The term “Software” also
shall include any upgrades, modified versions or updates
of the Software. The Amyuni Products include the Amyuni
PDF Converter, Amyuni PDF Creator, Amyuni DHTML Converter,
Amyuni RTF Converter, Amyuni JPEG Converter and Amyuni
XLS Converter products, or any combination of these
Use of the Software. You may include the Software as
part of your own applications to install
it on your
client’s machine at the same time as your own
applications, as long as your applications’ main
purpose is not the generation of PDF files. The number of applications that can be installed is limited to the number of application licenses. You may
also include the
Software in your in-house applications, as long as
your applications’ main purpose is not the generation
of PDF files. The Software can be used on either workstations
or servers without limitations on the number of users.
This license applies to a single developer working
on a single application. Multiple licenses are needed
multiple developers and/or multiple applications.
The activation code provided to you by Amyuni should
be kept confidential and not be revealed to end-users,
even in the case where the developer’s products
are sub-licensed to other developers.
Copyright and Trademark Rights. The Software
is owned by Amyuni,
and its structure, organization
and code are
the valuable trade secrets of Amyuni. The Software
is protected by Canadian Copyright Law and International
Treaty provisions. This Agreement does not grant
you any intellectual property rights to the Software.
Restrictions. You agree not to modify, adapt,
translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble
attempt to discover the source code of the Software.
The product may not be sold as a stand-alone
application. All necessary steps to prevent users of
to use the Software other than from inside your
application must be taken. These steps are described
in the manual
that accompanies the product. This agreement
does not allow you to install the Software on your company’s
computers as a stand-alone product other than
for development purposes or as part of your in-house
No Warranty. The Software is being delivered
to you AS IS and Amyuni makes no warranty
use or performance.
AMYUNI DOES NOT AND CAN NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE
OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE
AMYUNI MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,
AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
IN NO EVENT WILL AMYUNI BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR
ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,
ANY LOST PROFITS
OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF AN AMYUNI REPRESENTATIVE
HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
application of the above does not negate your
rights relative to the legal product guarantee,
product guarantee is applicable.
Applicable Law. This developer license agreement is subject
laws of the country in which
is being used. Some states or jurisdictions
do not allow the exclusion or limitation
consequential or special damages, or the
exclusion of implied warranties
or limitations on how long an implied warranty
so the above limitations may not apply to
Purchase Online | PDF Converter | PDF Creator .NET | PDF Creator ActiveX
Purchase Online | PDF Suite .NET | PDF Suite ActiveX
Call us at our Montreal Head Office, Tel: 1-866-926-9864 EST.
For questions regarding licensing, updates, upgrades, OEM licenses, or general enquiries:
PDF Creator .NET
PDF Creator ActiveX
PDF Suite .NET
PDF Suite ActiveX